How we collect personal/business-related information
Amerind collects personal/business-related information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, such as when you purchase a product from us or you visit one of our online promotional sites;
- from third parties such as suppliers or credit reporting agencies; and
- from publicly available sources of information.
How we use your personal information
Your personal/business-related information may be used to:
- identify you and to assist you to subscribe to our website services more easily;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better, more personalised services that are tailored to your needs;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Amerind provides web-based services, most of which are available at our website: www.amerind.com.au, as well as other affiliated domains such as www.selector.com.au and www.infolink.com.au
The marketing information provided on our websites will be determined by where you decide to visit on the site. Advertisements will also be presented to you, but the placement of these is not related specifically to any details we hold about you.
Personal information collected from our websites
The types of personal/business-related information we collect from you will depend on how you use our web sites. Such information may include your name, profession, the reason for the enquiry, current addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
When we disclose your personal/business-related information
Where appropriate, any disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections.
The organisations to which we may disclose information include:
outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- market research;
- your representatives (eg your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Amerind takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal/business-related information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal/business-related information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to your personal/business-related information such as your name or address.
If you wish to access or modify personal/business-related information, which you have provided to us please send an e-mail using the "Contact Us" page on our website.
Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal/business-related information is stored securely. Transmissions sent to or from our systems are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.