About Amerind : environment
Amerind's goal is to preserve the environment and vital resources for future generations by supplying products from sustainably managed forests.
Amerind endeavours to integrate the considerations of all environmental aspects into our business and staff activities to ensure long term environmental sustainability.
Amerind's Corporate Environmental Policy
Amerind Pty Ltd (Amerind) is committed to managing its entire operations in an environmentally responsible manner, to ensure the protection of the environment for this and future generations.
Sustainable management and use of forest resources, waste minimization and pollution prevention are the principles underpinning Amerind's environmental policy.
Achievement of the objectives of these principles is driven by top management and is a primary management responsibility as well as the responsibility of every Amerind employee.
Amerind's operations are conducted according to the following guiding principles:
- Minimise Amerind's impact on the environment wherever possible by endeavouring to source forest and wood products from sustainably managed forests including plantations.
- Use best cost-effective environmental management practices in manufacturing operations to minimize waste and prevent pollution.
- Consider environmental issues in Amerindís operations including decision-making and take steps to minimize those that have adverse impact.
- Communicate Amerind's environmental policy to employees and contractors including suppliers, to ensure understanding and its incorporation in their activities.
- Wherever possible, support government and community activities that minimize impact and/or protect the environment.
- Comply with legal requirements and where appropriate, adopt more stringent internal standards based on our expertise
Click here to download an Amerind FSC Accredited PDF. ( pdf 162 KB )
Click here to download an Amerind Corporate Policy PDF. ( pdf 184 KB )